Dallas Center - Grimes Community School District Status
All schools are scheduled to begin on time.
Dallas Center - Grimes Community School District
School Facilities Special Election Results
Both measures of the School Facilities Special Election held Tuesday, April 7th passed. DCG had a successful vote on the Bond Election to approve funding for a $13.8 million dollar elementary building to be built in Grimes with 79.13 % approval with a total of 786 votes. The Physical Plant and Equipment Levy also passed with 80.90% approval with a total of 780 votes. DCG would like to thank our patrons for all the support that is given to our schools!
2015-2016 PPEL Bond Special Election
The Burnett Scholarship committee has changed the method for which recipients are paid funds from the Burnett Charitable Trust. Below you will find our new procedures and the application for payment.
Silver Cord Award Update
New: The final project is now a presentation.
Remember: Each student may do no more than 15 hours of service in one place in one calendar year
- Click to view the Silver Cord webpage
- Click here to download the application as a PDF.
- Click here to download the application as a Word Document.
- Click here to download detailed instruction as a PDF.
During the month of May of the graduating year, seniors will deliver a 3-5 minute video presentation (individually or in pairs) to the 8th grade advisories. The goal of the final presentation is to deliver a positive message about the benefits of service to others in and around our community.
You can pick up a Silver Cord From in the Dean's office at the High School or Meadows front office.
Grades and Grading – Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of grades? To communicate the learning to others. Grades must be:
- Accurate – The grade must reflect the academic performance of the student when the summative grade is given. Behaviors such as attitude, effort, late work, etc. should not affect the academic grade. DCG is considering a separate behavior or ‘employability’ grade to address this need.
- Fair – The grade must not be influenced by factors unrelated to academic performance, such as gender, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, etc.
Costa Rica Science Trip
An exciting new opportunity is open to DCG high school students for next summer 2015. From June 14 to June 20 2015, Mr. Mangler will bring a group of students to experience science in the biodiversity hotspot of Costa Rica. This trip is scheduled to include zip-lining through the canopy of a tropical rain forest, white water rafting down a mountain river, visiting one of the largest active volcanoes in the world, and experiencing unique and amazing flora and fauna.