Registration Process for New Families
(Students not currently attending DCG)
Thank you for choosing Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District. We are looking forward to partnering with you in your child’s education. Register your child by following the instructions provided below. Please use a laptop or desktop computer to complete the online registration. Mobile devices are not compatible with this process. If you need access to a computer, please call our District Registrar, Deanna Sandegren at (515) 992-3866, email her at email@example.com, or visit the Administration Office at 2405 W. 1st Street, Grimes.
- Required items needed: Proof of residency and copy of student’s immunization record that includes the student’s full name and birthdate.
- Registration opens March 1st for the following school year.
- Four-year-old preschool registration needs to be completed by March 18th to guarantee your child a spot. If there are more registrations than anticipated, you will be placed on a waiting list.
- Three-year-old preschool registration needs to be completed by March 18th to be included in the random placement system. You will be notified if your child will be enrolled.
- To view answers to preschool FAQ, click here. For further preschool questions please contact Heritage Elementary at 515-300-9627.
- For Open Enrollment questions, please contact the District Registrar at (515)992-3866 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1: Infinite Campus
- Complete the online registration available here. Be sure to select the correct school year you are registering for.
- You will be sent an email when your application is approved with a link to sign up for your Parent Portal account and RevTrak. The Parent Portal is a website that can be used to view your child’s school information and RevTrak is a site to pay your school fees.
Step 2: Pay Fees
- For the current school year, log in through the RevTrak site site (online payments). You will need to create a parent portal access account.
- Fees are available for payment each school year on July 1.
- Pay all outstanding fees before your child starts school.
- Optional: Free and reduced lunch forms will be available for each school year starting July 1. Electronic copies can be found by clicking on the forms page under the registration tab on our website. Hard copies may be picked up at each building.
Step 3: Athletic Registration/rSchool Today (For students 7-12 participating in athletics)
Building Specific Information
For building specific information (supply lists, school routine, etc.) please refer to the individual school web page.