New Family Registration Process
Students NOT currently attending DCG
Thank you for choosing Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District. We are looking forward to partnering with you in your child’s education. Register your child by following the instructions provided below. Please use a laptop or desktop computer to complete the online registration. Mobile devices are not compatible with this process. If you need access to a computer, please call our District Registrar, Deanna Sandegren at (515) 992-3866, email her at email@example.com, or visit the Administration Office at 2405 W. 1st Street, Grimes.
- Required items needed: proof of residency, proof of birth date with full legal name, and copy of student’s immunization record.
- Registration opens March 1st for the following school year.
- Four-year-old preschool registration needs to be completed by March 18th to guarantee your child a spot. If there are more registrations than anticipated, you will be placed on a waiting list.
- Three-year-old preschool registration needs to be completed by March 18th to be included in the random placement system. You will be notified if your child will be enrolled.
- To view answers to preschool FAQ, click here. For further preschool questions please contact Dallas Center Elementary at 515-992-3838.
- For Open Enrollment questions, please contact the District Registrar at (515)992-3866 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1: Infinite Campus
- Complete the online registration available here. Be sure to select the correct school when registering.
- You will be sent an email when your application is approved with a link to sign up for your Parent Portal account and RevTrak. The Parent Portal is a website that can be used to view your child’s school information and RevTrak is a site to pay your school fees.
Step 2: Pay Fees
- Fees are available for payment each school year on July 1.
- For the current school year, log in through the RevTrak site (online payments). You will need to create an Infinite Campus Parent Portal account.
- Pay all outstanding fees before your child starts school.
- Optional: Free and reduced lunch forms will be available for each school year starting July 1. The Electronic Application can be found by logging into your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account.
Step 3: Opens July 1st, for each school year – Athletic Registration/rSchool Today (For students 7-12 participating in athletics)
- Click here to register for athletics
- Refer to these instruction if you have questions.
- If you have questions, please contact Shauna Pertzsch at email@example.com or (515)986-9747.
Building Specific Information
For building specific information (supply lists, school routine, etc.) please refer to the individual school web page.